Find Your Answer Here
Why should I choose pavers?
- There are many reasons you should choose interlocking paving stones for your walkway, driveway, patio, pool and other exterior hardscaping pavements.
How long can I expect the pavers to last?
- Properly installed pavers can withstand at least 30 years of residential usage, a much longer period than many other types of pavement, and because pavers can be easily repaired and replaced this period of time can be significantly extended.
Do the colors fade over time?
- No. Paving stones feature long-lasting colors that will rarely fade or change. However, to enhance the colors and to insure that the richness of the color lasts initial sealing can be applied.
What is the maximum slope you can install pavers on?
- Every project is different as sites and spaces very in shapes and sizes and every person’s design expectations and requirements are unique. Do you need to pave a long walkway or a short segment between sets of steps? Do you need it to be wheelchair accessible? The slope calculation is complicated and unique to each job and can be determined when we come and look at the site to give you your free, no obligation estimate and consultation.
Can I lay paving stones over my existing driveway?
- We do not recommend installing pavers on top of an existing concrete or asphalt driveway because this may cause various potential problems in the future. One potential problem, for instance, is that moisture and frost can be trapped and accumulated in the sand under the pavers if there is no way for the water to exit through the slab or to be absorbed into the ground.
The best way to prevent any future problems is to remove the existing materials to create an ideal foundation to lay the new paver surface.
Just remember, even if you take extra precautions, anything you install on top of a broken or failing surface will probably fail as well, so it’s better to do it right.
Can I use paving stones on my pool deck?
Absolutely! Pavers are durable, slip resistant, salt resistant, chlorine will not affect their colors and they can be curved to match your swimming pool’s shape and style. Pavers also allow water to drain fast preventing creation of pools of water on your deck from splashing or rain. These qualities make pavers ideal for pool decks. In addition, because pavers come in a variety of shapes and sizes you can create designs beyond the simple deck surface, such as build pillars, platforms, raised seat walls and planter boxes that will compliment your pool design.
Can you drive heavy vehicles over paving stone driveway?
Yes. Pavers are an extremely durable surface that can withstand heavy wear and tear of vehicles such as big trucks, RVs and even buses. Please advise our professionals if your driveway needs to handle heavy vehicles so that we install the pavers accordingly with an appropriate thicker base to facilitate such demand.
Will pavers be leveled enough to walk in high heels or use a wheelchair on?
We always make sure to install the pavers to be as level as possible. Please share with us any specific concerns you have regarding paving your walkway or patio and we will make sure to address these concerns by choosing the right pavers that will lock together from the variety of different shapes and joint sizes pavers have to offer.
How long do I have to wait before I can start using my driveway/walkway after pavers are installed?
No waiting period is required. You can walk and drive on your new pavers surface right away.
What do I do about drainage and root problems when paving my driveway?
If we discover any problems with drainage or tree roots when replacing and installing your paver stone walkway or driveway we will make sure to fix broken plumbing pipes or remove tree roots before laying the interlocking paving stones to insure longevity of your pavers.